The Centre for Advanced Robotics @ Queen Mary conducts its experimental research using multiple research facilities.
The laboratory of the Centre for Advanced Robotics @ Queen Mary (ARQ) is equipped with robotic-arms, mobile platforms, mechatronic and control systems, swarm robots, humaniod robotic systems, virtual reality and haptic interfaces and human motion tracking systems. The lab is also home to the ARQ prototyping space featuring 3D printers, a CNC milling machine and silicone casting station.
- Robotic manipulators and hands (Franka Panda, UR5)
- Mobile robots
- VR and haptic interfaces
- Real-time controllers
- 3D printing (FDM and SLA)
- Microcontrollers, sensors, actuators
Q-Arena Multidisciplinary Experimental Space
- Motion tracking
- VR stereo projection system
- Bi-manual haptic interface Haption Virtuose 6D
- Laser cutting
- CNC milling