London Robotics & AI Summer Mini-School
Date: 6 June 2023 08:00 - 19:00
Location: QMUL, Arts Two Lecture Theatre, Mile End Campus, E1 4FQ
Join us at the Mile End Campus of Queen Mary University of London for the first pilot of the London Robotics & AI Summer School, jointly organised by Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) and University College London (UCL). This first edition will be a one-day event (i.e. a Mini-School), with presentations by academics of QMUL, UCL and Imperial College, followed by a short robotic hackathon in which you will be challenged to update the ROS code of a small robotic arm to pick as many objects as you can in the shortest possible time: can you beat our robot baseline?
The event is free! But places are limited (first come, first served). You'll need to sign up to participate (registration opens on 04/05/2023 here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/london-robotics-ai-summer-mini-school-tickets-625127672697).
Programme (this is a "Bring Your Own Laptop" event, if you want to code!)
- 8:00-9:30 Registration and Breakfast
- 9:30-10:00 Welcome and Introduction
- 10:00-10:40 A Robotic Sense of Touch (Dr Lorenzo Jamone, QMUL)
- 10:40-11:20 Computer Vision for Intelligent Robots (Dr Dimitrios Kanoulas, UCL)
- 11:20-12:00 Imitation Learning for Robot Control (Dr Edward Johns, IC)
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch and informal Students-Speakers discussion
- 13:00-15:30 Mini-Hackathon (part #1): code my robot (can you beat the baseline?)
- 15:30-16:00 Coffee Break
- 16:00-17:30 Mini-Hackathon (part #2): presentation of results and closing
- 17:30-19:00 Drinks reception
The event is partially supported by the Alan Turing Institute (https://www.turing.ac.uk), by DERI (https://www.qmul.ac.uk/deri) and by CRISP (https://lorejam.wixsite.com/crisp).
Updated by: Lorenzo Jamone